2007/01/12

【Grapefruit Moon】



【 Grapefruit Moon 】
by Tom Waits
譯:wagamama-spps

Grapefruit moon, one star shining, shining down on me.
柚月 顆星閃耀 沐浴我身

Heard that tune, and now I'm pining, honey, can't you see?
聽那旋律 我正憔悴 親愛的,你是否看見?

'Cause every time I hear that melody, well, something breaks inside,
每次聽到那旋律 嗯…就有某種東西在體內碎裂

And the grapefruit moon, one star shining, can't turn back the tide.
柚月 顆星閃耀 卻無法使潮汐減退

Never had no destination, could not get across.
從不是針對什麼 但卻也無法跨越

You became my inspiration, oh but what a cost.
你是我的謬斯 噢…不過看看我付出了什麼代價

'Cause every time I hear that melody, well, something breaks inside,
只因每次聽到那旋律 嗯…就有某種東西在體內碎裂

And the grapefruit moon, one star shining, is more than I can hide.
接著 柚月 顆星閃耀 我無處容身

Now I'm smoking cigarettes and I strive for purity,
我現在只想靜靜地抽根菸 (by Sir Duke)

And I slip just like the stars into obscurity.
然後如同眾星般墜落至朦朧中

'Cause every time I hear that melody, well, puts me up a tree,
只因每次聽到那旋律 嗯 就會讓我輕靈如立樹梢

And the grapefruit moon, one star shining, is all that I can see.
柚月 顆星閃耀 盡在我眼底